-
January 19th, 2002, 09:16 PM
#11
Inactive Member
Loved the credit sequence tho, eh?

Mods
------------------
Mark "Mods" Lovegrove
-
January 20th, 2002, 03:35 AM
#12
Inactive Member
I just saw Black Hawk Down. I thought it was damn cool. Although it was a typical Jerry Bruckheimer and not the best of Ridly Scott. The entire movie was non-stop action. The entire 2 3/4 hours of it. Anyway, it is worth seeing for sure.
------------------
I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORNING
-
January 20th, 2002, 05:55 AM
#13
Inactive Member
Havent seen it. I went to see THe Royal Tenebaums instead. Apocalypse Now...that's a great war film..messes with your mind man! Just remember man, you're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.
------------------
-
January 20th, 2002, 10:57 PM
#14
Inactive Member
Does anyone know if there is a Pearl Harbour dvd box set coming out because I'm saving up my pocket money just in case. I NEED that movie bad!
------------------
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the frying pan!
-
January 20th, 2002, 11:01 PM
#15
Inactive Member
i hated this film with a passion, i was sat boerd for 2 and a half hours, am only glad i didnt pay to see it
------------------
-
January 21st, 2002, 03:13 AM
#16
Inactive Member
War films can give you an overview of what type of action there is to expect on the battlefield but never how a human will handle the dealing and murders and betrayel and atrocities and the sadness he faces in the blackness of his solitude. These things are faced by men on the battlefield individually. It is indeed difficult to depict these emotions, but the closest so far on the screen would be Platoon and Thin Red Line.
------------------
The pay-off from struggle is the most sweetest revenge.
-
January 21st, 2002, 10:15 AM
#17
Inactive Member
basically a war film should not be band of brothers
------------------
There can be only one.
-
January 21st, 2002, 05:17 PM
#18
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ac_01:
basically a war film should not be band of brothers
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And why is that?
------------------
-
January 21st, 2002, 07:32 PM
#19
Inactive Member
Not being funny but all the gung ho yanks on this forum would love this film. It depics U.S. bravery to the extream in which they are out numbered out gunned but still win because they fight for freedom. BOLLOCKS
LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE:
PEARL HARBOR-
INDEPENDECE DAY
THE PATRIOT
U571
BLACK HAWK DOWN
------------------
-
January 21st, 2002, 09:56 PM
#20
Inactive Member
I'm just bored of the scripts. While the realism increases (saving private ryan) the dialogue gets worse. I watched hamburger hill again last night and just got so annoyed with all the lingo and cool army speak. People don't really say 'Yo mothafuckers don't know shit. That guys dug in like an alabama tick'
Ok I know that was from predator which is not a war film, but it is just the sort of thing all those 'good ol' american boys' say.
What was with that stupid sharp shooter twat in Saving Private who has to say a prayer and kiss his cross before blowing someones head off. It's so self righteous and cliched I just get bored because anything powerful about the film just gets sucked out.
It's only one step away from having someone talking to themselves to explain the plot of a film when they are alone and there is no one in earshot!
------------------
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the frying pan!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks